Monday, June 29, 2009

W.W.E. The Bash Results

The W.W.E. presented The Bash last night and overall I would say it was a solid pay-per-view. Although we have seen Triple H and Randy Orton numerous times, I thought they put on a very good match. Be forewarned, this feud is definitely not over. I will restate that I believe it will culminate in a "Hell in a Cell" match at SummerSlam in August.

CM Punk appears to be a full-fledged heel after getting himself disqualified against Jeff Hardy. Meanwhile, it seemed to me that last night may have been Hardy’s swan song on pay-per-view for a while as he takes a sabbatical from pro wrestling.

I was surprised that Edge was not booked on this show, but was happy to see that Smackdown GM Teddy Long inserted Edge and Chris Jericho into the tag team championship match and thus we now have new tag champs in Edge/Jericho – two of my favorites.

Speaking of Jericho, he and Rey Mysterio put on a tremendous match! Mysterio saved his mask and took Jericho’s Intercontinental Championship. This feud, I believe, is now going to be escalated and I predict that Mysterio and W.W.E. newcomer Dos Caras Jr. will team up against Edge and Chris Jericho.

I was glad to see Tommy Dreamer hold onto the E.C.W. Championship if only because I don’t like to see titles change hands as if they are a hot potato.

FULL RESULTS
Randy Orton defeated Triple H to retain W.W.E. Championship.

CM Punk retains the World Championship despite being disqualified against Jeff Hardy.

Edge/Chris Jericho defeat The Colons (Carlito and Primo) and Legacy (Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase) to win the unified W.W.E. Tag Team Championship.

Tommy Dreamer retained the E.C.W. Championship in a "scramble match,"which included Jack Swagger, Christian, Mark Henry and Finlay.

Melina lost the W.W.E. Women's Championship to Michelle McCool.

Chris Jericho dropped the W.W.E. Intercontinental Championship to Rey Mysterio.

John Cena beat The Miz.

Dolph Ziggler defeated The Great Khali after Kane interfered.

Dark Match: R-Truth defeated Shelton Benjamin in under three minutes.

No comments: