Thursday, June 18, 2009

Martha Wainwright, Pete Townshend and Rachel Fuller Sing "Factory"



Three of my favorite singers got together during Rachel Fuller’s In The Attic show a couple of years ago and produced this video. Pete Townshend, Rachel Fuller and Martha Wainwright sung Martha’s song, “Factory.” Although I have no idea what the song is about, it’s one of Martha’s better songs. Seems like there are many people out there that have these types of informal gatherings in which they play music. Fuller, though, put out a whole CD and DVD last month that was a compilation of her In The Attic gatherings. Some of the artists that appeared were Tenacious D, Lou Reed, Rachel Yamagata, Pete Townshend and others.

2 comments:

Rob Adams said...

What amazes me is the way that you get that Martha conducts on the fly. I gather Pete and Rachel know the song, but not so well that they knew how to play it. So to be able to do that is amazing to me. So talented (and makes me so jealous).I love the touch of Pete talking about the last time somebody called out chords to him.

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

Yeah thank God for YouTube!