Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Monday Night Raw In New Orleans Recap

It seemed to me that the creative writers of World Wrestling Entertainment wanted to throw out the window everything positive that they did in the last two weeks (draft, Punk as champ, etc.). Was it a bad show? No. Just directionless in some ways and there was just way too much talking on last night’s Monday Night Raw. Here are some other thoughts:

OK, so was the kid running in front of Batista real or was that part of the angle that everything is falling apart without Vince McMahon around?

Did I hear right a few weeks ago…when Vince McMahon was being helped by “paramedics,” did he say “I didn’t kill my father?” That’s what it sounded like to me.

Vickie Guerrero = A Disrespected Substitute Teacher.

Lance Cade = Third Wheel.

Batista and John Cena had very little interaction during the four-way match. This one has to be held off until Wrestlemania! It’s too big of a money maker.

I could definitely see the World Titles changing brands again.

Kelly Kelly is on Raw now? Based on what? Not the draft; not that I’m complaining.

If Kane fought Snitsky, would a fan be able to tell the two apart if they were sitting in the upper deck? This reminds me of the Powers of Pain-Road Warriors feud from the ‘80s when those sitting in the "Bob Uecker" seats couldn’t tell who was who.

Why was Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes not on Raw last night? They beat Paul London and D’Lo Brown in a dark match, which does what exactly?

Reportedly, CM Punk broke Snitsky’s nose last night. I suppose Snitsky's dormant modeling career will remain as such.

Kofi Kingston also got cut around his left eye during his way too short of a match with Charlie Haas.

Overall, I give the show a 7.

Batista, though, is really starting to grow on me.

Keep it in the Ring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Overall, I give the show a 7."

I give it a 9.5. The unpredictable nature of the show is going to bring ratings up.