Sunday, December 28, 2008

SummerSlam 1992: Bret Hart vs. Davey Boy Smith

I recently finish Bret "Hitman" Hart's autobiography, Hitman, and I will definitely have at least one post up to offer my comments. However, I wanted to post video of what Bret stated was his favorite match of his career and certainly was one of the best matches I have ever seen.

Let's go all the way back to SummerSlam in August 1992 where 80,000 fans jammed Wembley Stadium in the U.K. to watch Bret Hart defend the W.W.E. Intercontinental Title against his real-life brother-in-law, the late Davey Boy Smith. The "British Bulldog" hailed from the U.K. and was clearly the favorite of the crowd; though both men were babyfaces. Hart dropped the title, however, he, Smith and Bret's sister, Diana all embraced after the match.

Just classic theater and a match that elevated both men's careers and showed the incredible ability of Bret Hart to bring out the best of his opponent.

Bobby Heenan and Vince McMahon provide the commentary.

PART I


PART II


PART III

No comments: