Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Book Review: Hitman By Bret "Hitman" Hart Part I

I've got plenty to say about Bret Hart's autobiography, Hitman, and why wouldn't I, being that the book was some 550 pages. So I decided I would have multiple parts to reviewing the book.

This book took on many lives of its own; first there was the background of Bret’s life which entailed his growing up in Calgary in a big family; then it went into the ups and downs of his wrestling career; and finally the book concluded with Bret’s stroke and where his life stands today.

Bret Hart’s attitude is also different throughout the autobiography. At times I felt like I was reading a book by a man that believed wrestling was real and that he had difficulty separating himself from the character he played on t.v., at other moments Bret comes across as extremely arrogant and bitter; while the ending I felt like there was some peace for Bret “Hitman” Hart.

Ultimately, though, I highly recommend Bret's book for every wrestling fan. Those who love autobiographies and stories about people who have made it, also would like this book. Though, they may be taken aback by how much Bret outside the ring believes he really is "The Hitman." But I suppose that happens with actors that play a certain character their entire career.

More to come...

No comments: