Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bret Hart Talks About His Autobiography



More about the long-awaited release of Bret Hart's autobiography, Hitman. This time it comes from the man himself, Bret "Hitman" Hart in the above video. Honestly, I know people who are very bitter about the way their lives have turned out and just as I wish for them peace, I wish the same for Bret. I grew up watching Bret wrestle and remember him right from the beginning as "Cowboy" Bret Hart to the end. The conclusion of Bret's career was not pretty; the Montreal Screwjob, the death of his brother, the horrible booking job by W.C.W. in regards to Bret, the clumsy Bill Goldberg causing Bret to become concussed and then finally his stroke. I have empathy for Bret Hart and hope that somehow he can just move on, as hard as it may be.

Oh yeah and the guy that did the documentary Wrestling With Shadows is coming out with a 10-year anniversary special. The Montreal Screwjob is unquestionably a compelling story and I can't get enough of it. So I disagree with Jim Ross that the story should be put to rest. That being said, I think people that still shout "Bret Got Screwed" at W.W.E. events may want to consult with their local psychiatrist.

No comments: