Monday, June 30, 2008

Night of Champions: Results/How Predictions Went

WWE Champion Triple H defeated John Cena
I said Cena.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge defeated Batista
I picked Edge.

Mark Henry defeated ECW Champion Kane and Big Show
I took Henry, however, I thought he would get the win as a "reward" to for the racist-comment incident with creative writer Michael Hayes. But then we have to throw into the mix that Kofi Kingston defeated Chris Jericho for the Intercontinental title and perhaps as some have suggested the W.W.E. is trying to push more African-American athletes. That makes sense with the losses of Bobby Lashley and Booker T over the last year or so.

Ted DiBiase & Mystery Partner (Cody Rhodes) win World Tag Team Championship from Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes
Too easy to call.

WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz defeated Finlay & Hornswoggle
I said Miz/Morrison.

United States Champion Matt Hardy defeated Chavo Guerrero
I said Chavo and Ho Hum! Wrong on both accounts. Good solid match.

WWE Women's Champion Mickie James defeated Katie Lea Burchill
I thought Mickie would lose...thought wrong!

Overall, I went 4-3. Between the draft and the last night's pay-per-view the W.W.E. has definitely shaken things up a bit. I don't think anyone thought that both the W.W.E. and World Titles would be on the Smackdown brand. For how long is anyone's guess. I like seeing the young guys - Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, Kofi Kingston - getting a bump. Raw should be interesting tonight!

No comments: