Thursday, October 22, 2009

Inside The Squared Circle: Danielson/McGuinness Update, Hogan's Book, Health of Jim Ross

Credit Jason Powell of ProWrestling.net for getting to the bottom of the Nigel McGuinness situation. McGuinness was not offered a contract by the W.W.E. after he failed a screening test.

McGuinness said he signed with T.N.A. because the W.W.E dragged their feet on getting a deal done. Powell, however, said it is not a drug failure but rather something else such as some sort of pre-existing health condition. The wellness test in 2007 did find an issue with M.V.P.’s heart which could have been disastrous if not discovered and now is controlled with meds. Let’s hope that the issue with McGuinness is not something that is life-threatening.

Although I look forward to seeing McGuinness on T.N.A. wrestling, couldn't they have come up with a better name for him then Desmond Wolfe?

Powell also says that Brian Danielson is set to debut with W.W.E. shortly.

Hulk Hogan has a new book coming out and is doing the rounds on the media circuit. He said that during the height of his family troubles he was set to pull the trigger on a gun and end his life, when Laila Ali called him on his cellphone. I feel for him if he was in that position, but Hogan also has a history of stretching the truth.

Announcer Jim Ross wrote this on his blog:

"I saw my neurologist today in Norman and had a long consultation and some testing. He diagnosed me, as expected with full blown Bells palsy. It is on the right side of my face and has adversely affected my vision in my right eye more than previous bouts. We are concerned about the cornea in my right eye being damaged which is why I am using a ton of artificial tears and having to tape my eye shut at night to sleep along with using a gel in my eye under the eye patch. For those fans that think that this is the end for me or the end is near I suggest you rethink your position. I won't allow your views to adversely affect me because I still love to play the game. I am an old school guy who still loves calling wrestling matches and sitting at ringside soaking up the adrenaline from the fans."

Hopefully J.R. gets well soon.

No comments: