Thursday, May 29, 2008

One Night Stand Predictions

Sunday night is the W.W.E.'s One Night Stand pay-per-view in which every match has an "extreme" stipulation in honor of the old E.C.W. Here are the matches and some predictions:

Edge vs Undertaker (TLC Match for World Heavyweight Championship)
Vickie Guerrero is ruining Edge, she’s gotta go, but that’s for another time. I hope that there is no outside interference or any more stupid rules imposed by the Smackdown GM Guerrero, ‘cause this one could be a great match. I think these two, thus far, have had some good matches, but have not had that one memorable great bout. Perhaps this is it. On the surface many may think that the tables, ladders and chairs will benefit Edge. But I just can’t see Undertaker not going home with the World Championship.

WWE Champion Triple H vs. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing Match)
This feud has to reach a conclusion on Sunday, doesn’t it? I just wonder what direction they will have Orton go in after he loses. I’m getting the feeling – and maybe it’s wishful thinking – that we could see Triple H defend against Shawn Michaels at the next pay-per-view at the end of June, Night of Champions.

John Cena vs. JBL (First Blood Match)
JBL lost an “I Quit” match to Cena two years ago and looks to exact revenge. I could see JBL winning this one after some kind of screwjob, but doubtful that Cena doesn’t win and get himself closer to taking back the W.W.E. Championship, probably at SummerSlam in August.

Shawn Michaels vs. Batista (Stretcher Match)
Another W.W.E. pay-per-view, another chance for Michaels to steal the show. Every feud that Michaels is in, I find to be the best scripted and most intriguing out of any other that the W.W.E. has going on. This match will be the best on the show and just to reiterate, I think that if HBK beats Batista, he fights Triple H at Night of Champions.

Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga (Falls Count Anywhere)
Hardy gets the win as Raw will soon see Umaga head to Smackdown.

Big Show vs. John Morrison vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk (Singapore Cane Match)
Hard to believe there is a “Singapore Cane” match without The Sandman. Would also be hard to believe that Big Show does not emerge victorious and become the number one contender for Kane’s E.C.W. Championship. John Morrison is the dark horse in this one.

Melina vs. Beth Phoenix ("I Quit" Match)
A women’s match on a pay-per-view that does not involve the Women’s Championship, currently held by Mickie James (featured above)? Excuse me, while I scratch my head for a second. Unless the W.W.E. wants to completely bury the Beth Phoenix indestructible character, I can’t see Melina emerging as the winner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HBK against Hunter?

Eh, I could see that.


Dave