Wednesday, May 28, 2008

“I Quit” Match At One Night Stand

The W.W.E. added another match to this Sunday’s One Night Stand pay-per-view. Melina will take on Beth Phoenix in an “I Quit” match. The rules are simple, you make your opponent say “I Quit.”

Now, I’m not a huge fan of women’s wrestling, but doesn’t this kill the character of Beth Phoenix as being indestructible if she is forced to scream uncle? But then again, I’m still trying to figure out why they took the Women’s Title off of Phoenix.

If the W.W.E. wanted to put on an entertaining women’s match they would have Victoria (pictured above) face Phoenix. That would be a good match between two that are quite physically strong.

I’m not sure where they are going with Phoenix-Melina, I guess we’ll find out one way or the other. But Melina is clearly no match for Phoenix, I wonder if there is a hook to this?

No comments: