Thursday, October 16, 2008

When The Day Is Short And The Night Is Long



I must admit I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch analysis of the John McCain-Barack Obama debate. Finally, I see they brought up the issue of abortion. No sign of illegal immigration, though, which I think is one of the most important issues that needs to be discussed. That's an issue that impacts our hospitals (I can name two in Westchester County that went bankrupt due to giving care to illegal immigrants), national security (could someone easily sneak a bomb across our border?), disease (when my grandparents came here they were tested for everything) and education (aren't public schools already overcrowded?).

Senator McCain has an uphill battle, but he’s done it before. Obama at this point just has to play it cool and not engage. I checked out the different opinions on the debate last night, both liberal and conservative and it got me wondering if there is room for someone in the media that truly calls it down the middle?

No comments: