Friday, October 03, 2008

No Mercy Preview and Predictions

Another Sunday, another W.W.E. pay-per-view. They come fast and furious - although in truth about once a month. On paper, No Mercy has potential to be good, but I have mixed feelings about it. Again, the tag team championship and Intercontinental title are not being defended and instead we get a women's match. Ugh!

World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match
Shawn Michaels goes up against Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Title in a match that Michaels put on the map: a ladder match. Michaels-Jericho has been an outstanding feud; the best of the year in my opinion and so now we will see if these two can put on that grand finale to their program. I would be very disappointed if the pay-per-view doesn't close with Michaels as the new World Champ, but would be shocked if this isn't one of the best bouts that W.W.E. has put on all year. Although the Michaels-Jericho program has run for six months or thereabouts, I have no problem with it continuing and even lasting all the way to Wrestlemania. My pick is Michaels beats Jericho for the belt in a "holy cow" classic match!

WWE Champion Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy
Ah Jeff Hardy, such an enigma. Every time Hardy gets close to the top, he gets himself in trouble. Does the W.W.E. trust Hardy to become W.W.E. Champ? Will we see Edge come down and cost someone the title? I'd love to see a Hardy-Edge feud begin and so that's what I am going with: Triple H winning due to Edge costing Hardy the match. No title for Jeff this time, they just can't trust him.

ECW Champion Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry
E.C.W. is not the old E.C.W. that's for sure, but I like it nonetheless. I hope W.W.E. allows these two to go for 10 minutes or so and put on a decent match. Henry has exceeded expectations in E.C.W. and that title is the perfect spot for Matt Hardy. I like Hardy to retain.

Batista vs. JBL
The winner of this match will face either Jericho or Michaels for the World Title at the next pay-per-view. We've already seen Jericho-JBL and Michaels-Batista. Correct me if I am wrong but we have not seen Michaels against JBL. That's why I like JBL in this one, to start something fresh. An appearance by Randy Orton is something else I see occurring. They teased us with an "Evolution" reunion with Batista and Orton a few months ago, which Batista did not respond to. Regardless of what role if any Orton plays, JBL wins.

Big Show vs. Undertaker
Reportedly, Undertaker is really banged up with one of his knees and a pinkie finger really bothering him. He has largely done tag team matches, but you can still expect him to put on a great show (no pun intended). They'll run with this feud for a while, so don't expect a clean finish.

Women's Championship Match
Candice Michelle has gotten ripped over her sloppy matches since she has returned from injury. She'll get the title from Beth Phoenix eventually, but not this Sunday.

Rey Mysterio vs. Kane
Raw GM Mike Adamle added a stipulation that Mysterio must remove his mask if Kane beats him, which would be really foolish from a merchandising standpoint for the W.W.E. So I would be really surprised if Mysterio does not wins. I like both wrestlers, but is this a pay-per-view quality match? I guess in the eyes of the W.W.E. it is.

No comments: