Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cyber Sunday 2008

Tomorrow night the W.W.E. presents Cyber Sunday on pay-per-view. The fans’ votes supposedly have a hand in each match, either by picking the matchup, a special ref or the stipulation. Let’s have a look:

W.W.E. Champ Triple H defends against Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov or both.
The W.W.E. clearly wants Kozlov, whereas the fans want the very popular Hardy. So, I see a “triple threat “ match coming, which Triple H will win.

Chris Jericho-Batista in a World Title match that the fans pick the referee.
Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels or Steve Austin are the choices for the fans and undoubtedly Austin will be the choice. The hope for me is that this match will feature some kind of run-in which would lay the groundwork for an Austin in-ring return at next year's Wrestlemania? Regardless, I see Jericho walking out with the World Championship.

E.C.W. Champ Matt Hardy defends against Mark Henry, Evan Bourne or Finlay.
The very popular Bourne will be the choice and I’m hoping he goes over and takes home the E.C.W. Title. If there is any kind of swerve in this one, I could see one of the two – probably Bourne – turning heel.

Santino Marella vs. Goldust, Roddy Piper or The Honky Tonk Man.
I relish the day that Marella loses the Intercontinental Title, unfortunately, I don’t think it will happen tomorrow no matter who the fans pick. For some reason, I think this could be a three-way tie and all three wrestlers come down and lay the smackdown on Marella, who will get out of dodge with his IC Title in hand.

The fans get to choose among three tag team matches.
This is a pretty interesting vote for the fans as they have to choose from a World Tag Team Title Match, with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase putting the titles on the line vs. CM Punk and Kofi Kingston; Cryme Tyme vs. The Miz and John Morrison or Jamie Noble and Mickie James vs. William Regal and Layla. I’d love to see Cody/Ted drop the tag titles to Punk and Kingston and so that's the match that I think will be the fans’ choice. In all probability, however, Cody/Ted will retain their titles.

Kane vs. Rey Mysterio in which the fans choose the type of match.
Falls Count Anywhere, No Holds Barred or two out of three Falls Match are the choices for the fans and I think it makes most sense for this to be a falls count anywhere match for Rey’s ability to be on display. I like Mysterio to get the win.

The Undertaker-Big Show in a Last Man Standing, I Quit, or Knockout Match. Undertaker is a big fan of mixed martial arts and with Big Show’s extensive boxing training I see this being a knockout match. I foresee Triple H interfering which would set up a “triple threat” match between the three at the Survivor Series pay-per-view in November.

Diva's Halloween Costume Contest in which the fans pick the winner:
Bore-snore but Candice Michelle will get the votes for the win.

This card doesn’t do a whole lot to get me excited and I am very suspect about the fans’ votes (via text message) counting anyway, so I most likely will skip this pay-per-view.

No comments: