Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Odds, Less Sods

Greetings. I hope you are not disappointed that I am not posting Hillary Clinton's spoof on The Sopranos. I get that she is trying to appear more as a regular everyday type, but she is just too stiff. The video has gotten a mostly positive reaction thus far, shockingly from the morning shows! Ooffaa!

At this point we here at "Rangers In Seven" have not officially endorsed anyone for the 2008 Presidential Election. Yes, I have a quite capable staff consisting of any ordinary straggler or country folk that wants to hem and haw. I'm waiting for things to play out before gathering up the crew to take a vote or to basically draw straws. I am excited at the prospect of Mayor Mike Bloomberg possibly entering the race as an independent. He's no Ross Perot that I can guarantee you. Some folks laughed when I suggested Bloomy and Al Gore teaming up. So how does that old expression go about laughing last?

I am, however, posting this video of The Who performing "Love Reign O'er Me" at Live Aid. Former Small Faces drummer Kenny Jones rounds out the band. He was OK, but nothing like their current drummer Zack Starkey. I saw The Who perform this song with Simon Phillips on the drums and also Starkey. But would love to have been there when Keith Moon did it. I would say that along with "Substitute," this is my favorite Who song. I recently wrote a poem about it and read it in front of a mostly live audience at the Hudson Valley Writer's Center. I hope to post it on here soon.

The Monterey special on VH1 was pretty good. A festival like that will never be done again!

XM and VH1 are teaming up for a pretty cool contest. Put together the best playlist and win all sorts of goodies. For more, click here.

Let's go to the videotape, with intro done by Jack:

No comments: