Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Posting, Posting, Posting...




I haven't posted any photos so I decided that I would start with this one. No, that's not me! It's Pete Townshend, for those that don't know, from a 1980 photo. However, the quote in the dasher and this photo seem to fit at this point in time. I had written an entire post before, saved it, came back and it was gone. Must be those blogger rats that show up every now and again. Anyway, didn't feel like doing a rewrite so this is what I'll post for now.

Rangers play Philly tonight after a solid performance Sunday night in a home win against Florida. Jed Ortmeyer and Thomas Pock have been sent to Hartford for conditioning.

For those of you who don't want to hear anything personal about me, I guess this is the spot to "rock out." For anyone else...

I had an absolutely horrible 12 hours beginning Wednesday night into Thursday. Long story short I had a misunderstanding with someone which I tried to settle as diplomatically as possible. Basically, the subject did not handle it well and went a little funny, you know, a little funny. OK, that one is from Dr. Strangelove. Anyhoo, they left me some really sick messages that had me contemplating if I should go to the police. I talked to someone about it Thursday morning and this subject actually made me more upset. Next thing I know - I am physically fine - but I got into an accident. Company car. But I got hit on the passenger side by a van. The accident was my fault and his. There's a lot of people on the roads now who are not paying attention and I should have been more vigilant. But accidents do happen.

I was sore for a few days but thankfully, no one was hurt. Unfortunately, it brought back some dreadful memories of an accident I had in 1999 in which I very well could have lost my life, but by the grace of God I was fine and so was the other driver. Not many people know about either accident so let's just keep it between you and me. OK? Ha Ha!

I am trying to take a lighthearted approach to this because in reality it has really thrown me off. But I want to again say that physically I am fine. I am not blaming anyone but what happened on Wednesday night really through me for a loop. But I'll get by. Unfortunately, I will run into this subject again, which I am not looking forward to. But I did nothing wrong and I am absolutely going to stand my ground.

Situations like this I am completely powerless over. What gets me through without losing my marbles is my faith in God. I finally went to a mass in Latin - like they used to do it back in the day - that I have intended to go to for quite a while but for one reason or another have not. I went this past Sunday and it was basically just what the doctor ordered. It's always good to change up the routine a little bit. Although I must say that the church where I usually attend mass is like a miniature St. Patrick's Cathedral and is always very uplifting for me.

I would never push religion on anyone, yet, I will say I believe that everyone at some point in their life will need to find something that sustains them and not just through situations where people go a little funny. For me I have found a place with Catholicism that I gain a great deal of comfort from. I know for myself that I can never waver from this. This is the religion that I was brought up in, but over the last eight years or so has taken on much greater meaning for me.

To be blunt, Wednesday and Thursday sucked. I don't know if I took some bad advice from someone and I am also down on myself for actually trying to discuss the situation regarding the voice mails with the subject who I allowed to upset me. Does any of this make sense to you?

I am sure there are some valuable lessons for me to learn and perhaps I have already recognized what those are. But I'm not exactly sure what is the next best thing to do in regards to the person who went a little funny. So time will tell. Believe me when I tell you this is the last thing I needed right now.

But the reality is that I blame myself. I really should have not gotten involved with said subject, but I sometimes am nice to the wrong people.

Well, that's all for now. Please tune in next time for more blogging with Fr. Sean. You can't say I did not forewarn you. What I like about having my own blog is it can be whatever I want it to be. Hope I am not being pious or that this in some way comes off as being pretentious, but this is really just my experience. I hope that this does not read like a sermon, but I trust that those who know me, know that I am not the sermonizing type. I also hope you don't think I am looking for sympathy, it really is just what is on my mind. Hey, blame the blogger rats, I had something all set to go about Iraq!

Cheers!

No comments: