Sunday, September 24, 2006

Random Ramblings

OK so I have officially given up on Walter's in Mamaroneck, N.Y. You know that hot dog stand that I have ranted about. I tried again yesterday. This time I sat in my car and watched as the line moved nowhere in the course of 15 minutes. I happened to be in the area and was really, really hungry. I figured why not give it a shot. Well, no more shots for this world-famous hot dog stand. Yep, the dogs there are good. There milkshakes are what I really like, though. I wonder if they hired one more person if that would help to move things along. I wonder how many folks there are like me who drive past Walter's and decide not to stop because of the seemingly endless and motionless lines? I wonder if there is ever a good time to go there? Well, that's it for me. What will probably happen is I will just happen to pass by there some day and see no one on line, at that point I will probably have given up hot dogs and milkshakes. I know they are very successful there, but I just wonder if one extra employee would make there business more profitable. Oh well, what do I care?

Whenever I watch television the same movies are on all the time. Let's see... Jaws, Good Will Hunting, Dirty Dancing, and Revenge of the Nerds. Just wondering if they show them so much because someone hasn't seen any one of those flicks for the umpteenth time? How about some new stuff, huh?

The next month or so should be really exciting in New York sports. High expectations for the Yankees and Mets. The Giants should be very exciting and at the very least the Jets are a compelling story. The three area hockey locals get back in action with some big changes and promise to be exciting. What's that you say? Who? The Knicks? What, does anyone really still care!

Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.