Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11:Tonight...

I know I have posted on here before about this, however, I want to remind everyone in the tri-state area that two of my favorite singers are performing tonight.

The first is Rachel Fuller. She will be at the Barnes & Noble, 675 Sixth Avenue, in Chelsea, New York, in a prelude to her gig at NYC's Joe's Pub(425 Lafayette Street) September 14th. As I have mentioned on here before she is very much like Sarah McLachlan with a bit of a malcontentious edge. My type of gal!

The second will be Montgomery Delaney at The Lazy Lounge, 152 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, N.Y. at 7 p.m. I met Monty in 1999 when we were both residents of southern Westchester, now coincidentally we both again live near each other. I have fond memories of seeing him at the Guitar and Pen in the north Bronx. He's had a very interesting life being a former New York City police officer, marine, and now a lawyer, and his vast life experiences come out in his music. He has a few guests joining him at the Lazy Lounge as well. I have links to both artists if you want to get a sample of their music.

No comments: