Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Touching Story of Brenden Foster/with Video



In a world that is not bereft of negativity comes a story that I find to be incredibly moving: the dying wish of 11-year-old Brenden Foster.

Foster, a Seattle resident, died of leukemia last week, but his dying wish is being fulfilled in his hometown and around the country and that is to feed the homeless. The story goes that one day when he was coming back from a doctor's appointment he saw some homeless people and told his mom that he would like to help them. This inspired people in Seattle to start food drives.

The channel I was watching last night also said that Brenden's mother, Wendy, remembered her son saying to her, "When I get to heaven, I'm going to ask God why it had to be so soon, because I had so much more I wanted to do."

The above video says it all!

Rest in Peace, Brenden.

Blogger Note: Unfortunately, CNN spelled Brenden's name with an 'a' at the beginning of the video and with an 'e' at the end. However, the correct spelling is with an 'e.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a great reminder that there is good in the world!

Merry Christmas!