Monday, November 03, 2008

Anne Rice's Change In Writing

Author Anne Rice has gone from writing about vampires to Jesus; now that's a real change (sorry Barack for stealing your talking point). Here is an interesting piece on how Rice's writing has evolved as a result of her personal life.

I haven't read her memoir yet, but plan to do so. Thus, I will reserve comment on the book. However, as someone that has read 19 of her books, including, all of the Vampire Chronicles, I can honestly say that I have no problem with her abandoning that genre as I believe she had gone as far as she could with it.

Nonetheless, there are those who think otherwise.

2 comments:

JunieRose2005 said...

I have read several of Anne Rice's vampire books!


:) Although I was totally engrossed while reading them I found I couldn't read one right behind another! They left me with a weird feeling... a strange mixture of sympathy...and something else, for the vampires! :)

...But I need to get back to Anne Rice and finish up what I missed of her novels! I need to review and see the ones I've read and the ones I still need to read!

Thanks for renewing my interest in Rice!


Junie



Junie

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

Thanks for commenting!

The scariest one is "Blackwood Farm," that book literally gave me nightmares.

"Tale of the Body Thief" and "Memnoch" are also very good!

Just in case you haven't read those.