Monday, July 30, 2007

Roger Daltrey: Let It Be

There's plenty in the news right now that I would love to "rant and rave" about; maybe I could even blog from a remote location, like the hip and glamorous Rack & Roll. Hee haw! It's a joke dammit!

Anyway, for now I am just going to post this video that I found on youtube. It's a pretty good version of "Let It Be," performed by Roger Daltrey when he toured with the British Rock Symphony Orchestra back in 1998 and 1999. I actually saw all of them along with the very accomplished Boys Choir of Harlem at Radio City Music Hall in '98. It was really good and a top-notch place to see a concert!

For this one, Daltrey was on-stage with Simon Townshend (Pete's brother) and Zack Starkey (Ringo's son). I don't know who the black woman is singing, but she's great! Anyone who can identify her and the venue, wins a Starbucks' drink on me!


No comments: