Thursday, March 11, 2010

Inside The Squared Circle: Wrestlemania Taking Shape

Many things have been happening in the world of wrestling lately. T.N.A. has moved to Monday nights to go head to head with Monday Night Raw and Wrestlemania continues to take shape.

T.N.A. flopped in the ratings on Monday night and Raw took a dip, as well. NXT also dropped in the ratings. I'm not going to read too much into it at this point. Next Monday night will be a huge Raw with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin hosting.

One of the most fun matches at 'Mania to watch is the Money in the Bank ladder match. Last year, people scratched their heads when Mark Henry, Kane and Finlay were put into M.I.T.B., however, the match was still very good. This year, based on the wrestlers in M.I.T.B., it looks as though it could again be very good. But I have a couple of suggestions.

So far the lineup is: Christian, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, Jack Swagger, Montel Vontavious Porter, Matt Hardy and Evan Bourne. I’d still like to see Kofi Kingston and Drew McIntyre in this match and would have no problem if Matt Hardy and Kane were not involved. Amazing how Kingston was getting pushed for a few months and then fizzled after his feud with Randy Orton. Kofi has become completely stagnant, if not forgotten altogether.

Speaking of Orton, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in M.I.T.B. His feud with Legacy does not seem to have the ability to get into the next gear, unless if they do something where maybe Brett DiBiase is recruited to team with Randy against Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes. Regardless, when it comes to M.I.T.B. the W.W.E. has to be careful not to put too many guys in the match.

I could definitely see a scenario where Orton wins M.I.T.B. and then challenges the winner of Cena vs. Batista at Wrestlemania that night.

No comments: