Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer Reading

Greetings! So I was wondering what you are planning on reading this summer. Any suggestions? I will probably read a couple of Anne Rice books. Currently, I am ripping through Violin right now. I also want to read Guests of the Ayatollah by Mark Bowden, the Black Hawk Down author. But if you don't have any plans for anything here is a suggestion: Right now I am working on a novella or short story, if you prefer. I will be publishing a chapter each week on this blog. Probably around Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I have an outline for it done and have already written a couple of chapters but it is definitely a work in progress. So maybe bookmark this site and come back often but particularly Wednesdays and check it out. As always I encourage comments. I promise the final chapter will be up some time around Labor Day. If it's good, tell a friend. If you think it's garbage, print it out and use it to line your birdcage!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Astera said...

Hi!

I saw your post on MediaBistro, so I figured I would check it out. Your novella concept is an interesting one. As for summer reading, I just read a thriller by Stephen J. Cannell called "Cold Hit." The main character is Shane Scully, and the author has written several other books with that character, so I'm going back and reading them all. If you like police thrillers set in L.A.. they're a good read. Of course, Michael Connelly is the gold standard for the LAPD noir mysteries, but I've read all of his.

I'll be back for the next installment of your novella!

Sean G. Kilkelly said...

I have also read some of Michael Connelly's books. Great stuff!